Monday, November 30, 2009

Online Photographers #1: Joseph Holmes

Joseph Holmes is one of the photographers that I researched because I like his style of photography, which is landscape. I too like to take photography of landscape because there is so much that the landscape can offer to us. What inspires me from him is his ability to really take the boring colors and make them stand out in his work. He can take the color brown and make it seem like an important color. Like for example his photo's of the cliffs or canyons, he made them less boring by waiting on the right time of day to take the photo. He has influenced me by learning that timing is important for that important picture. Taking a picture or a flower will look different if it is taken at 12pm and in 6pm when the sun is setting or when there is clouds or completely sunny. This is when the cliche patience is virtue really comes into play.

No comments:

Post a Comment